I'll start out posting a fast, easy, yummy dinner dish.
It's also good as leftovers or frozen and reheated.
Comes from Cuisine at Home.
1 lb italian sausage
1 cp onion
2 tsp garlic
3 cp fresh tomatoes, chopped
1/2 lb dry mafalda (tiny lasagna shaped noodles - can use any small noodles)
1 cp chicken broth
1/4 tsp dried italian seasoning
1/4 tsp red pepper flakessalt & pepper to taste
3 oz fresh mozzarella, cubed
1/2 cp parmesan, grated, divided
3/4 cp ricotta6 oz fresh mozarella, sliced
1/4 c thinly sliced fresh basil
Brown the sausage in a large saute pan over high heat, 5 mins, crumbling with a spoon to break up large chunks. Stir in onion and garlic, saute 2 minutes.
Add tomatoes, mafalda, broth, and seasonings and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low, cover and simmer until noodles are soft, stirring occasionally, 10 mins.
Preheat broiler to high with the rack 5-6" below the heating element. Off heat, stir in cubed mozzarella and half the parmesan. Dollop with ricotta, top with mozzarella slices, and sprinkle with remaining parmesan. Broil until cheeses melt and brown slightly, 4-6 minutes.
My notes. We used a lot more cheese (of course). I left out the ricotta cheese since we didn't have any and it was fine. I also left out the red pepper flakes since Hannah's sensitive to that much heat in food. I just used whatever pasta I had on hand instead of mafalda. Ended up being bowties and ... some random shape. I also used canned tomatoes and it was fine. This was so. good. I loved it. Much faster than "real" lasagna.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment